|Reseach cycle by Jamie Godfrey Gr.9|
- During the 1st quarter we learned about the research cycle the process of gathering, analyzing and communicating information. Students studied and compared different research models. They looked for patterns, connections and similarities in these models. Using the information from their studies they created their own research models, making a visual/graphic representation for it as well.
- We also learned what does plagiarism mean? That plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward. Plagiarism is a big deal, and it’s not something you want to find out about the hard way.
- 2nd quarter discussions focused on what does "citing a source" mean? Whenever you use material that you got from another source in your research project, you must let your audience know where it came from.You have to cite your source because it is not appropriate to use other person’s ideas, thoughts and words as your own
- We continued with Web Search Strategies unit comparing benefits and challenges when searching the Online databases and the web, looked at some general web search strategies and explored Google search engine further from standard search function. That took us to the 3rd quarter.
- Can you complete these "A Google A Day" challenges?
Currently we are exploring Wikipedia look at what wikis are, learning what Wikipedia itself says about using it as a source, acknowledging special research considerations concerning Wikipedia.